TorchLight seeks an Internal Communications Writer (contract) for a large, highly dispersed organization in Prince George’s County, MD. Ideal candidates will use their strong journalism background to help strengthen the new internal communications function within the organization.
- Attend and cover community events throughout the immediate area
- Interview staff, write articles and feature stories about the findings
- Promote employee engagement across the organization.
- At least 5+ years of experience in writing and communications
- Background in news and/or reporting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, Master’s degree is preferred
- Proven writing, interviewing, and editing skills
- Experience working with multimedia production is a plus
- Knowledge of CMS platforms and Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with community management and user experience best practices
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.