TorchLight is seeking a skilled Interactive Designer/Developer (Contract) for a national organization located in Northern Virginia. The Interactive Designer/Developer is responsible for expert front-end web development along with animation/interaction design. He or she has a keen sense of usability and information design and can create websites to meet user expectations and business objectives.
Applicants must be located in the greater Washington DC area and have US Citizenship to be considered for this role. If you're interested, you'll need to be able to prove your success in developing and launching animated and responsive websites by sharing your portfolio with your application.
Skills & Experience:
- Work with UX/UI, design, copy and marketing team members to develop wireframes and comps
- Create responsive web pages from approved wireframes, designs and requirements
- Develop animated and related interactive elements for web platforms
- Implement new web features and update existing ones with easily reusable code base
- Ensure new features and animated/interactive elements can be effectively integrated within CMS and 3rd party platforms
- 8+ years of UX/UX design for consumer and enterprise interactive platforms
- Proven success coding animation and interactions for responsive websites
- Deep knowledge of information design, user behavior, usability and web standards, as well as SEO
- Highly adept at Adobe Creative Suite and animation tools
- Working knowledge of flexbox, CSS, jQuery, Gulp-based tools, Handlebars templating
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- B.A. in design or related fields Portfolio required.
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.