High-impact Events Manager Position Available with One of Fortune 100s Best Companies to Work For
TorchLight is seeking an experienced, creative Events Manager (Contract) to work for a global company based in the Washington, D.C. area. The Event Manager will drive client engagement through flawless execution of high-impact events in various geographic locations. He or she will manage the event planning process end-to-end and identify and implement creative strategies to ensure event success.
Up to 50% travel required.
- Plan, implement and manage external client events to drive engagement
- Proactively recommend innovative event ideas and geographical locations that meet business goals
- Create annual event calendar
- Develop email invitations and online registration pages, manage invitation send process and handle all participant communications pre and post-event using automated event system and personal email
- Ensure flawless execution of event logistics including venue and vendor selection/contracts, meal planning, entertainment, transport, signage, giveaways and materials, floorplans and flows
- Serve as on-site lead for issues management and resolution
- Manage budget including invoices/billing and cost tracking
- Provide ongoing communication to stakeholders regarding event milestones, deliverables and issues
- Work with team members to determine giveaways, collateral and other event needs
- Assist on other projects as needed
- 4+ years of experience in event management; hospitality/travel industry experience a plus
- Proven success delivering top notch events that deliver on business objectives
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Familiarity with Cvent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly adept at project and budget management
TorchLight matches qualified candidates like you with marketing, communications, creative, and digital roles that are a professional and cultural fit. We can help you find a new position at a variety of exciting organizations that match your career goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, we are 100% committed to ensuring that you have a positive candidate experience and to helping you succeed in your next career move. Benefits for Contractors In addition to competitive compensation, TorchLight offers our contractors industry-leading benefits like medical insurance and 401(k) plans. Contact us for more information.